The MSD of Lawrence Township will have a pilot eLearning Day on Friday, February 14th, 2020. Students should not report to school. School buildings will not be open to the general public. Those needing eLearning support should review the information below. No childcare will be offered, including preschool and after/before care,on the eLearning Day.
The Welcome Center will be open between 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM.
eLearning Day Information
- Online lessons will require an internet connection.
- "Unplugged" / Paper copies of lessons will be made available to students who do not have Internet access.
- All students will have the option to do either online or “unplugged”/paper lessons as the content is the same.
- Accommodations will be made to allow all students to participate in the eLearning Day.
- If your student has an IEP, 504 or ILP, the Teacher of Record will work with your student and general education teacher to ensure that appropriate accommodations are in place.
- Elementary students should expect to have three lessons (STEM, Humanities & Related Arts) which will be due by Wednesday, February 19, 2020.
- Middle school students should expect to have seven lessons (one for each class) which will be due by Wednesday, February 19, 2020.
- High school students should expect to have four lessons (one for each block) which will be due by Wednesday, February 19, 2020.
eLearning Day Support
- Families will have access to live support and technical assistance throughout the day. Please call your child’s school directly. Click here for a list of school phone numbers.
- Bilingual support will be available by calling the school building.
- Teachers will be available via phone (Please call the school’s main office) during designated hours to support students during the eLearning Day.
- Kindergarten to 8th Grade Teacher Contact Hours: 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM & 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- High School Teachers Contact Hours: Teachers are available during student's regularly scheduled block. February 14, 2020 is a Maroon/Red Day.
- Social media accounts will be monitored using the hashtag #LTeDay.
eLearning Technology Information
For the eLearning Day, students in grades 5-12 will utilize their district-issued Chromebook. Parents/guardians of students in Kindergarten through 4th
grade may check out a computing device for the eLearning Day by completing the following steps at their student’s school no later than Friday, February 7, 2020.
Each elementary school will have copies of the 1:1 Device Agreement and AUP available in the main office. Students in 3rd
grade will receive a Chromebook. Kindergarten students will receive an iPad. Students in 1st
grade will receive a Chromebook or iPad based on their indicated preference and device availability. Please note that the District will not issue AC Adapters (chargers) for these temporarily checked out devices. Students will receive a fully charged device on Thursday, February 13, 2020 which will provide adequate battery life (6 hours or more) to complete assigned eLearning Day work. Students will return checked out devices on Wednesday, February 19, 2020. Note also that the 1:1 Device Agreement requires parents/guardians to pay for any damage caused to the device while in the student’s possession.
Best practices to prepare for an eLearning Day.
- Students should have regular opportunities to do school work at home.
- Build routines for your child around studying outside of the school day. For example, build time into their daily routine for reading at home.
- Become familiar with accessing information for your child's classes on SeeSaw or Canvas. Ask your child to show you how to use these online tools if you are unfamiliar.
The MSD of Lawrence Township has strategically planned this eLearning Day over the course of the past year. Intended to support emergency preparedness, this pilot program was developed in collaboration with the Indiana Department of Education, area school districts, and the Lawrence Education Association.