Welcome! It’s the mission of the LN School Counseling Department to help ALL students find success in high school and to prepare ALL students for success in the future. We hope these resources will help achieve those goals. If you have any questions, click to email us.
Summer and Special Programming
Summer programs are a way to experience life on a college campus, make friendships with students from other places, and explore possible college majors. Most summer programs have a cost; however many of them offer financial assistance or scholarships. Click here to check out the summer programs that are offered at various colleges and universities in Indiana.
INvestEd--Free resource for Hoosier students and parents looking for help with college planning and financial aid
- AP Capstone
- Class of 2022 Senior Parents College-Going Meeting
- Indiana Core 40 Diploma Options
- Be a Fan of LN Guidance on Facebook
- Follow Lawrence Township College Liaison on Twitter @LTCollegeCareer
- Click here to subscribe to the LNHS Counselor Connection
- The Power of Zero
- Learn MORE Indiana
- FAFSA Information Session—Class of 2017—ISM
Official transcripts are mailed from LNHS to colleges, universities, scholarship committees, employers, etc. Student must complete a Transcript Request Form and positive identification must be presented at the time of the request. Requests will be processed as soon as possible, normally within 24-72 hours. Print off the form, fill it out, make a copy of your ID and mail them along with the $1 fee to Lawrence North high School, 7802 Hague Road, Indianapolis, IN 46256. Forms are also available in the front office, during regular school hours.
Graduates beginning with the class of 2004 are strongly encouraged to order the transcript online at WWW.PARCHMENT.COM which enables colleges to receive the transcript electronically and quicker.
- Virginia Abrego-Hernandez, ENL Counselor, Counselor Grades 9-12 & ENL
- Shelia Patterson Allen, Department Co-Chair, Counselor Grade 9
- Tuesday Anderson, Counselor Grade 9
- Kari Bordner, Counselor Grades 10 - 12
- Harry "Donny" Mimms, Counselor Grades 10 - 12
- Brad Cangany, AVID Counselor Grades 10 - 12
- Betsy Crawshaw, Administrative Assistant
- Jill De Luna, Counselor Grades 10-12
- Tracy Gilbert, Counselor Grades 10 - 12
- Mary Beth Rago, Administrative Assistant
- Connie Sivertson, Department Co-Chair, IB Counselor Grades 10 - 12
College and Career Planning
- “How to” Complete and Submit College Applications
- Writing a College Admission Essay
- Getting Letters of Recommendation
- Learn MORE Indiana.org (information on college and careers)
- National College Fair
- Step by Step Procedure Checklist or Preparing for College Checklist
- General Core 40 Information
- NCAA Eligibility Center
- ALL Indiana Colleges & Technical Schools
- Colleges that Change Lives
- Peterson’s Guide to Colleges
- Take a Virtual Tour of a College
- Admission Interview Tips
- Indiana Online Colleges and Universities
SAT, ACT, AP Testing and ACP, IB Information
- Register for the SAT
- Register for the ACT
- SAT & ACT Prep Guide from Online College Plan
- Advanced College Project (ACP) Information
Educational Options Besides College
Financial Aid and Scholarships
The Guidance Department is here to provide academic guidance and counseling, career guidance and counseling, and brief personal/social counseling to help students through difficult emotional times or concerns. For ongoing mental health concerns, parents and students are encouraged to contact their pediatrician, family physician, and/or health insurance provider. When emergency situations arise outside of school hours, the resources below may be beneficial. If you have questions, please feel free to contact your child’s school counselor.
Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
CPS (Child Protective Services: 1-800-800-5556 / 1-877-433-0138
Community North Stress Center: 1-800-662-3445
St. Vincent's Stress Center: 1-800-872-2210 / 317-338-4800
Click here for Text-A-Tip Hotline Information.
Click here for a list of Counseling Agencies and Groups.
Click here for additional resources on dealing with grief and tragedy.