Lawrence North is a comprehensive high school with the mission of serving the needs of a very diverse population. This diversity is one of the qualities that makes Lawrence North a great environment for learning. Lawrence North is fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and by the Indiana Department of Education. It is cited by the U.S. Department of Education as one of the nation’s outstanding secondary schools.
The rich academic, co-curricular, and extracurricular programs, quality support of the community, and a caring and highly professional staff are among the many characteristics of Lawrence North that create an atmosphere that promotes success for all. Award-winning programs abound, not only for the academically gifted, but also for those with gifts in performing arts, athletics, or elective and demand-driven areas.
Lawrence North offers a multitude of academic programs from which students can choose, including; Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, Advanced College Project, Spanish Immersion, Core 40, Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID), English as a New Language, and a comprehensive Exceptional Learners Program.
Lawrence North envisions excellence, created by the careful and purposeful design of a rigorous and diverse curriculum, a well-trained and caring faculty, a comprehensive support system, and a facility, which provides for the attainment of this excellence for all students.
When the vision is implemented, students will be engaged, experiencing real-world, research-based activities that enable them to meet or exceed the curricular standards which prepare them for life after high school.
- Houses an International Baccalaureate (IB) Program
- Fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
- 23 Advanced Placement (AP) course offerings
- 38 Dual Credit Offerings•
- Access to full programming at McKenzie Center for Innovation & Technology
- NCAA Division I Athletic recruiting site
- Four World Languages offered + American Sign Language
- Nationally recognized Marching Pride of Lawrence Townshhip marching band
- Member of the Metropolitan Interscholastic Conference (Athletics)
- Participant in the Character Counts Program with Castleton Kiwanis
- Named a Four Star School by the Indiana Department of Education
- Houses the Spanish Immersion Program, recognized by the Education Ministry of Spain
- The LN Character Crew promotes kindness and servant leadership among the student body